Quoting Steve Litt (sl...@troubleshooters.com):

> The benefit of this list is if meet.jit.si ever dies during a meeting
> or classroom, there can be a predefined list of alternate URLs to go
> to. This makes Jitsi a much safer choice than I thought it was.

More to the point, Jitsi Meet (reminder: that's its correct name)
is open source (Apache License 2.0).  All it takes to run is a computer
with adequate RAM and a public IP address.

BigBlueButton also has many adherents, and is generally similar
(including relying on WebRTC and being open source, LGPL).

--
Cheers,                         "2021 showed up, and told 2020 'hold my beer.'"
Rick Moen                                                   -- @justinaireland