Marc,

So far, the only factual data does not show any problem, and the only input stating something is wrong is actually you saying that.

My previous piece of advice with sfill was to kinda force *all* the free space to be allocated, then released... Kinda desperate measure, which would indicate something *very* wrong with the ext4 filesystem you use on that disk.

Before going further, I guess the problem shall factually be demonstrated. Here is what I suggest:
1°) sudo du --block-size=512 -s /mount/point
2°) sudo find /mount/point -print0 | xargs -0 ls --block-size=512 -ds | awk '{print $1}' | paste -sd+ | bc

This should compute the size of all resources without dereferencing links. Make sure no supplemental mount is made inside the hierarchy you're inspecting.
Hopefully results are the same.

Bernard (Beer) Rosset
https://rosset.net/