On 2021-04-17 06:30, tito wrote:
On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 23:11:07 +0200
tito <farmat...@tiscali.it> wrote:

On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 00:36:05 +0200
tito <farmat...@tiscali.it> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 00:32:51 +0200
> tito via Dng <dng@lists.dyne.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > v 1.8
> >
> > now with  supported DE's:
> >
> > 1) GNOME
> > 2) LXDE
> > 3) LXQT
> > 4) XFCE
> > 5) KDE
> > 6) MATE
> > 7) CINNAMON
> >
> > and minor fixes, improvements and cleanups.
> >
> > Made script more robust against failures:
> > 1) added test for internet connectivity
> > 2) check that time and date is correct
> >     or apt update will fail. Fix it
> >     with ntpdate-debian if not correct
> > 2) added test to check that required deb packages
> >     download really succeeds
> > 3) Move point of no return further down the script
> >     after most of the checks for prerequisites
> >     by reshuffling the code a little bit
> > 4) remove full paths of programs (as they can
> >     be different between systems) with the
> >      exception of /bin/echo (don't want builtin)
>
> substitute echo with printf
>
> > 5) fixes for shellcheck
> >
> > Ciao,
> > Tito

Hi,
as it seems there is a glitch in the web mail interface
that swallows my attachments I will add the latest and greatest
migration script inline for the boldest of testers to try.
Hope it will not be mangled to much.

Ciao,
Tito

Hi,
you can find the migration v1.8 script plus history
in the new shiny git repo:

https://git.devuan.org/farmatito/migration

Testers needed.

Enjoy.

Ciao,
Tito

p.s.: is there a way to edit committed commit messages?

WOW, tito . . . That's terrific!!  Thanks so much for doing that.

Now . . . calling all testers!  :D

Cheers!

golinux