On Monday 31 May 2021 at 21:37:30, g4sra via Dng wrote:

> > Is deleting the paniclog the proper way to stop receiving these e-mails?
>
> No, don't delete it, empty it, this should be the standard practice when
> manually manipulating daemon log files.

Hm, why do you say that?

Surely you want exim to open a new log file when it has something new to
report.

If you do not delete the log file but simply write "nothing" to it in order to
empty it, won't the daemon keep the current write position and then get
confused when the file is smaller?

Antony.

--
Software development can be quick, high quality, or low cost.

The customer gets to pick any two out of three.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.