Hi all,

I think inotify is the best foundation for a usb plugin/plugout
detector. I used it in my early 2015 proof of concept proving that
Poettering's socket activation was overkill and could be accomplished
much less intrusively with inotify.

As far as I know, Hopman's only usage is to mount thumb drives and USB
connected SATA drives. If that's the case, filtering the inotify event
stream should be fairly straightforward. Once detection is
accomplished, functions, callbacks or objects can be used to accomplish
the proper action.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Technologist