Thanks for responding.

wicd has indeed been removed from Chimaera. Sadly, there are reports of frustration that the available options are not as intuitive as wicd. However, there is hope! Someone is looking at transitioning wicd to python3 so keep your fingers crossed.

To fill a gap, rrq has provided a "classic" networking "how-to" that will be included in the www documentation. It is already available on the netinstall isos:
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/installer-iso/src/branch/wip/docs/docs/docs/network-configuration.html

golinux

On 2021-09-18 10:12, Ludovic Bellière via Dng wrote:
Hello golinux.

I found a reference to a dead software used in the *Network Configuration* section. wicd is recommended as network manager, however it is no longer distributed by debian. It has been removed because it is written in python2, and
there has been no release since 2014.

As I do not use any manager on my system, I remain unaware of a possible replacement. I did, however, look quickly and noticed connman which advertize
itself as a slim and low on resources.

As a quick poll, does anybody has a preferred network manager?

             Ludovic