En 22 de diciembre de 2021 14:55:41 ". fsmithred via Dng" <dng@lists.dyne.org> escribió:

On 12/21/21, aitor <aitor_...@gnuinos.org> wrote:
Hi,

On 21/12/21 19:55, aitor wrote:

Hi Ralph,

On 21/12/21 12:19, Ralph Ronnquist via Dng wrote:
On Tue, 21 Dec 2021 01:44:39 +0100
aitor<aitor_...@gnuinos.org>  wrote:
The outcome is that i've been compelled to turn back the distributor
to its default ID=devuan, and i'm rebuilding the images of gnuinos
chimaera right now so that they will work properly in UEFI mode
without workarounds during the first boot on the part of users.

I wonder, to this regard, what is the trick in Devuan to put in place
the distributor ID without the need of hijacking the boot loader...
... doesn't "scripts/magic-touch" tell the story?
Looking at the script, it seems that i must define a new variable:
GNUINOSCFG=/target/boot/efi/EFI/gnuinos/grub.cfg
and copy the content to $DEBIANCFG in the same way you're doing with
$DEVUANCFG.
Yes, it seems the way to go...

I'll tell you, thanks!

Oops, I knew about the --efi-directory argument for grub-install, which
defines the
root partition of the EFI system, but there is also another one that i was
overlooking
up till now:

--bootloader-id=ID

I found it looking at the code of grub-install.c in grub2. The value of this
argument has
preference over the value defined in os-release.

Cheers,

Aitor.

Another way to fix it in the installed system is to remove
grub-efi-amd64-signed if you don't use Secure Boot. Then you don't
need /boot/efi/EFI/debian.

I haven't any computer to hand right now, but i think that EFI/debian/bootx64.efi is provided by grub-efi-amd64, and the rest of the files by grub-efi-amd64-signed.

Cheers,

Aitor.

Enviado con Aqua Mail para Android
https://www.mobisystems.com/aqua-mail