On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 17:23:14 -0500
Steve Litt <sl...@troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> Antony Stone said on Wed, 19 Jan 2022 22:03:23 +0100
>
> >On Wednesday 19 January 2022 at 21:59:46, Steve Litt wrote:
> >
> >> goli...@devuan.org said on Tue, 18 Jan 2022 20:49:41

> >> For the first 36 hours after you posted this, I thought "if" was
> >> the English word "if", not "Internet Freedom" or whatever. Short
> >> and to the point works only if you don't need an accompanying
> >> explanation.
> >
> >So, maybe two different colours (or at least shades) for the two
D> >letters?
> >
> >That could be enough to make people think of them separately.
>
> I doubt it. You and I think about init freedom daily. The person
> reading the logo? Not so much. Also, what does "init freedom" give
> them? We know, but do they?
>
> Honestly, I know it's hip today to say nothing negative, but I think
> maybe the best motto is "Don't get stuck with systemd",

Disagree; lead with a positive, say Enjoy Your Init Freedom
List of good points, then
"Don't get stuck with systemd" and list of other bad points.

IF is just if/what if/etc in my mind and init-freedom is somewhere
in the long list of 2LAs.

IME, a positive spin opens the mind for education and the
points as to the benefit of 'init freedom' to people who do not
usually think about it.

A negative feed only connects with the already aware and rarely
converts people unless they are aware that you can learn by examining
the negative.