Le 21/01/2022 à 15:45, Florian Zieboll via Dng a écrit :
after the latest kernel-update (chimaera, from 5.10.0-10-amd64 to
5.10.0-11-amd64), my desktop's initramfs no longer finds the swap
(suspend/resume) partition.

Running 'update-initramfs -u' returns the correct UUID "to resume
from", and also adding the line

        resume=UUID=<correct UUID here>

to '/etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume' does not solve the issue:
Booting stalls for half a minute and then continues with the
information that it "gave up waiting for suspend/resume device".

    I must have missed something in the evolution of Linux because I'm extremely surprised initramfs has anything to do with suspend/resume. For me it was purely a kernel buizness, a mechanism in which all of the memory and registers is dumped to the swap partition. At the time when suspend occurs, the initramfs is already gone forever and, when resuming the kernel restarts the system where it was suspended.

--     Didier