On Mon, 2022-02-07 at 09:23 -0500, Ken Dibble wrote:
> Application: firefox 78.15.0esr

> Page contains statement: Telemetry is collecting release data and
> upload
> is disabled.
>

> URL :about:telemetry#histograms-tab
>
> Page contains seemingly endless amounts of collected data.
>

> If this data is supposedly not being uploaded by user preference,
>
> then why in the H,E,double hockey sticks is so much of it being
> collected?

Thanks for this headsup. I checked my firefox and noticed that, despite
the warning, no data seems to have been collected. I checked
about:config and apparently I changed some telemetry related entries
there that stopped the data collection. I don't know which setting
exactly, but if you go into about:config and search for telemetry
you'll get 20 to 30 results.

Gabe