Haines Brown wrote:
> I'm running Cimaera and have procmail and spamassassin installed.
> I consructed a file ~/.procmailrc. In it ares the lines:
>
>   :0:
>
> I created this spam directory and restarted spamassassin. Yet
> mail having the line "X-Spam: Yes" in it header is not
> redirected to ~/mail/spam

You need to debug it.  Is it running through SpamAssassin?  Is SA
tagging these messages as spam with that header?  Note that
SpamAssassin needs to have learned about at least 200 spam and
non-spam messages before the internal Bayes learning engine has
learned enough to be enabled.

Look at a spam message that has been passed through SpamAssassin.
What do the headers on the message say?  If are no headers then it did
not get passed through SpamAssassin and there was nothing for procmail
to match against.

Add debugging to the procmailrc file.

    LOGFILE=$HOME/var/log/procmail.logfile
    VERBOSE=on

I put that where I show in my example.  Put that log file where you
have a directory and won't forget about it.  It will grow, and grow,
and grow, without bounds until the disk is full.  I trim mine daily
with a cron task.

    45 8 * * *      savelog -q -d -C $HOME/var/log/procmail.logfile

Look in the log file to see what is happening.

Bob