On 4/9/22 14:59, Haines Brown wrote:
Torbrower no longer asks where to download even though that option is
enabled in its settings.

Torbrowser no longer can download a file to my home directory ("Could
not read the contents of ...)". I get impression that apparmor is
preventing a download to where I want. So I put the line:

   owner "@{HOME/" rw,

into /etc/apparmor.d/torbrowser.Tor.tor . This has no effect.

I also ran to no effect:
   $ sudo sh -c 'echo "owner /dev/shm/wayland.mozilla.ipc.[0-9]* rw," >
/etc/apparmor.d/local/torbrowser.Browser.firefox ; apparmor_parser -r
/etc/apparmor.d/torbrowser.Browser.firefox'

The package apparmor-profile-torbrowser is not in Chimaera rspository.

Just a couple observations.

1) owner "@{HOME/" rw,

should be owner

"@{HOME}/" rw,

2) There does not seem to be any package named apparmor-profile-torbrowser

in Debian either as the profile is included  in the browser package.

I know this probably doesn't help.

Regards,

Ken