On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 03:10:24PM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Haines Brown <hai...@histomat.net> writes:
>
> > A simple little question. I installed daedulus on a spare machine (no
> > problems), but was dissapointed to find that chromium is not in the
> > daedulus repository. What is that?
>
> I see
>
>   $ apt-cache madison chromium
>     chromium | 100.0.4896.88-1 | http://deb.devuan.org/merged daedalus/main
> amd64 Packages
>     chromium | 100.0.4896.88-1~deb11u1 | http://deb.devuan.org/merged
> chimaera-security/main amd64 Packages
>
> Seems to be there alright.

Thanks, Olaf.

I still get "Unable to locate package chromium". It seems that when I
did update/dist-upgrade after modifying sources.list to accommodate
daedulus I did not get the no InRelease file error. The chimaera
previously installed on this disk did not have chromium installed.

I tried $ sudo apt-get --allowUnauthenticated install chromium, but
this command was unable to locate chromium.

I did not create a file /etc/apt/apt.conf/d/99myown with line

  APT::Get::AllowUnauthenticated "true";

because very insecure. In any case I'm not sure it would work