Hello

> >gpm (and I suppose also consolation) is active only on the console, not in
> >virtual terminals - so there's no conflict.
> >
> >Libre Gr????e,
> >Florian
> >

> I don't understand what you mean by virtual terminal.  I don't use a DE,
> just openbox.  I may have two xterms open, nedit, tuxcmd plus some other
> program.  The mouse will work in any of these and its input would come from
> one place, presumably the mouse driver.  If I install gpm (or consolation)
> what decides where the mouse input is coming from?  It appears to me that
> the default driver needs to be stopped but I don't know what it is called.

Are you using gpm in repeater mode (-R with /dev/gpmdata)
to somehow translate mouse buttons ?

There are a number of programs to translate input devices (via /dev/uinput),
including one written by yours truly...  though given that gpm appears
to be present in the upgraded distribution, just making sure that
it runs with the correct options might be the easiest ?

regards

marc