I find that user's cron runs a command defined in crontab -e some time
ago but then removed. At present there is no command defined in $
crontab -e. Nevertheless cron runs the old command one on schedule.

I should add the the old command is no longer val;lid (it points to a
non-existent directory). Is cron designed to retry failed commands? If
so how do I get it to stap?

My problem arise when I want a user run a command to /media/daily. But
I could not create the daily directory owned by user. Something to do
with group. I was able to change owner of /media/crom to user for some
reason.