On 9/14/22 14:54, Luciano Mannucci wrote:
On Wed, 14 Sep 2022 12:37:41 -0500
Hector Gonzalez Jaime via Dng <dng@lists.dyne.org> wrote:

    kernel:[ 7336.007287] watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 22s!
[swapper/0:0]

if I write to the disk via dd nothing wrong happens...

Luciano.
Check which scheduler you are using, for virtual machine loads you might
want to use "deadline", assuming your disk is sda, the first command
checks your scheduler, the second changes to deadline.

cat /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler

echo "deadline" >/sys/block/sda/queue/schedule
Well, the disk seems to be "vda".
Issueing root@bobby:~# cat /sys/block/vda/queue/scheduler gives:

[mq-deadline] none

Is it wrong?

It's as it should be.  Did you check this on the hypervisor?  The use of vda suggests this was checked on a VM, please check the physical host, which is the one doing the I/O for your VM.  The physical host is also the one that needs to have a few dedicated processors to perform I/O for the VMs.

Luciano.

--
Hector Gonzalez
ca...@genac.org