On 3/10/15, 12:55 PM, "Eli Heady"
<eli.he...@gmail.com<mailto:eli.he...@gmail.com>> wrote:

On Mar 10, 2015 12:16 PM, "Edward Lewis"
<edward.le...@icann.org<mailto:edward.le...@icann.org>> wrote:

> Perhaps Comcast could install little squirrel
> feeders in the neighborhood.

That they don't, and have let this problem go unabated for years, illustrates
their bias. #nutneutrality

We can only take reasonable, fair, and transparently disclosed steps to prevent
squirrels from eating coaxial cable or fiber optic cables. If we put extra
layers of protection on cables to block feeding access specifically for
squirrels, then of course we’d be blocking the squirrels’ access to the
Internet (for nourishment and information). Such chew-blocking may be
acceptable if it were on a species-neutral basis, preventing chewing equally by
dogs, cats, owls, hawks, squirrels, bears, and others. But I’d probably have to
run that past our Legal department. ;-)

JL