Adam,

On Oct 11, 2019, at 12:36 AM, Adam Vallee <adam.val...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 10:40 AM David Conrad <d...@virtualized.org
> <mailto:d...@virtualized.org>> wrote:
> Adam,
>
> I’d recommend reading "A Proposed Governance Model for the DNS Root Server
> System” (https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/rssac-037-15jun18-en.pdf
> <https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/rssac-037-15jun18-en.pdf>)
>
> Regards,
> -drc
> I think you are only helping my point, in that it says the following in that
> document:
> 7.RSOs must operate with integrity and an ethos demonstrating a commitment to
> the common good of the Internet.
> 11.RSOs must be neutral and impartial.
>
> Cogent is not activating in a commitment to the common good of the internet,
> and they are not neutral nor impartial.

I have no comment on Cogent’s behavior in this context, however I think you
missed my point.

RSSAC 37 is a proposal. It has not been implemented as yet, so it’s a bit hard
to apply it in this particular case.

More directly, today, there are no agreements that dictate what root server
operators must do.

Regards,
-drc