> On 3 Apr 2020, at 00:09, Tessa Plum <te...@plum.ovh> wrote:
>
> On 2020/4/2 7:28 下午, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>> BCP38 is Good,*but*  it protects others against you. So, to be
>> protected, you need the*others*  to implement it.
>
> Ah OK.
> So BCP38 is useless for my case. Others don't care if I am meeting the attack
> or not.
>
> regards.

No, it is not useless.  It requires you to talk to your upstream providers and
have them traceback the attacks to their source.  Repeat with their upstreams.
The sources can be cut off which can just be turn on BCP38 filtering on a link
that is emitting spoofed traffic.  They can do that.  Every network that turns
on BCP38 filtering is one more you don’t have to worry about in the future
sending you spoofed traffic.

None of this saying don’t do the other measures.

Spoofed traffic has been a long term problem.  It does require getting people
to spend time reconfiguring boxes.  That has a cost but it is a lot smaller
cost globally than carrying the spoofed traffic past the earliest point where
it can be blocked and defending against the spoofed traffic.  Unfortunately
many ISPs don’t see that it is in their enlightened self interest to deploy
BCP38 filters.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC