--- Begin Message ---
On 9/19/23 5:00 PM, Joe Abley wrote:
Apart from mail and some degree of debugging courtesy, what operational reasons exist to put effort into reverse DNS in 2023? Are there any? Or is the whole reverse tree just a weird anachronism?

I have long viewed operational, or better accurate, reverse DNS as an indication that a network cares enough to set up lesser valued services.

Sort of like bars on building windows being an indication of the perceived security of the neighborhood.

The less that I see an operator do beyond what is required, the less I expect of them. Conversely, the more that I seen an operator do beyond what is required, the more likely I am to want to do business with them.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

--- End Message ---