On Sat, Mar 2, 2024 at 8:55 AM David Conrad  wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mar 2, 2024, at 4:57 AM, Lee <ler...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 2, 2024 at 1:53 AM Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming via
> > dns-operations <dns-operati...@dns-oarc.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> As I checked with ChatGPT, it says ISC BIND DNS Server is the most popular
> >> DNS server software in the world.
>
> ChatGPT is the weaponization of “I saw it on the Internet so it must be true."
>
> > I'm guessing that "most popular" is what most home users use
>
> Probably.
>
> > - which seems to be pi-hole
>
> I’d be very surprised if this were the case.  I’d have thought the vast
> majority of what end users would use (at least on the recursive side) would
> be whatever their ISP was providing, which I strongly suspect is not pi-hole.

OK - that was bad phrasing on my part :(
How about the most popular DNS server software that end-users chose to
run at home?

So whatever their ISP supplies doesn't count, as well as things like
the default software on OpenWRT.  I was trying to limit it to just
what home users picked to run at home - not whatever default they were
given.

Why?  Because that might be better that what I picked to run at home.

Regards,
Lee