Magnus,

thanks for your review. I'm drafting appropriate text for the document
considering the interaction between MTU and Block Sizes. When you sad
"a small fraction of the MTU" above, i suppose you mean "a large
fraction of the MTU", because my understanding would be that
fragmentation is much more likely to occur when Block Size is set to
(e.g.)  MTU / 2  (large fraction) compared to when it was set to
(e.g.) MTU / 10 (small fraction).

I'm therefore adding

- for Maximal Length Padding:

"Depending on the negotiated size, this
strategy will commonly exceed the MTU, and then result in a consistent
number of fragments reducing delivery probability
when datagram based transport (such as UDP) is used."

- for Block Length Padding:

"The Block Size will interact with the MTU size. Especially for length
values that are a large fraction of the MTU, unless the block length
is chosen so that a multiple just fits into the MTU, Block Length
Padding may cause unneccessary fragmentation for UDP based delivery.
Also, chosing a block length larger than the MTU of course forces to
always fragment".

best,
Alex