Tom Pusateri <pusat...@bangj.com> wrote:

> In 7.1.1.1, there is mention of efficiently packing stream data into
> TCP segments. This is also in the PUSH draft but I think it should be
> removed from there and from here as well because once the data is
> encoded in a TLS session, it’s much more difficult for the sender to
> have control over the size of TCP segments sent.

I think the right abstraction here is operating system write() or send()
calls, since you can't normally control segmentation in detail except that
short writes usually lead to short packets. e.g. (covering both TCP and
TLS):

                           Since SUBSCRIBE-XFR requests are sent
   over TCP, multiple SUBSCRIBE-XFR DSO request messages can be
   concatenated in a single write call to make efficient use of
   the underlying transport.

... but of course this applies to any DNS messages over TCP or TLS ...

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
Shannon: Southwest, veering west or northwest, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at