On Tue, 2020-05-19 at 10:56 +0100, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 19/05/2020 10:24, Peter van Dijk wrote:
> > Name:               draft-vandijk-dprive-ds-dot-signal-and-pin
> > Revision:   00
>
> It's almost-but-not-quite DANE, and a TLSA record.  Why (not)?

I've thought about many ways to use actual TLSA records, and have read previous
drafts and proposals in emails to this group. None of it seemed satisfactory to
me.

There are some terse and biased notes in
https://github.com/PowerDNS/parent-signals-dot/blob/master/README.md - happy to
elaborate on anything I wrote in there.

(There's a side-issue with TLSA, depending on how you use it: in many TLSA
'modes', you are expected to confidently know the name of the thing you are
connecting to. NS records in delegations are not signed, so if you misdesign
something based on TLSA, you could end up connecting to ns.attacker.example
with its entirely valid key/certificate.)

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk