Dear colleagues,

In July we published a Request for Proposals (RfP) for a trusted third
party to provide secondary DNS services for the RIPE NCC's zones:

Following our announcement, we received three final proposals by the
conclusion of the process. We selected the best fitting proposal based
on the technical and non-technical requirements in the RfP document.

The proposal submitted by VeriSign Sàrl (“Verisign”) was the best fit.
We subsequently signed a contract with Verisign, which comes into effect
before the end of this year. The contract is for the period of one year,
with the intention to renew yearly. Prior to renewal, we will look at
the benefits of the service and actual market situation at that time to
decide on renewing the service.

We'd like to express our gratitude to all parties who submitted
proposals. We look forward to working with Verisign in the future.

Romeo Zwart