Hi Alejandro,

On 10/17/2016 06:04 PM, Alejandro Adroher Mellado wrote:
> Last weekend I received on mu dnsdist.log millions of:
>
> Got an error in UDP question thread while parsing a query from
> 85.51.185.32:26977, id 31295: Found compressed label, instructed not to
> follow
>
> I would like to block them with iptables … but first I need to detect
> them. Anyone can path me on it?

I don't know how to block that with iptables, but this kind of error no
longer causes an error message on recent dnsdist builds, except in
verbose mode (since [1], so the fix is included in 1.1.0-beta1).

[1]:
https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/commit/7184b68d8dff7942da930a736afc1d957e1c6391

--
Remi Gacogne