Hi Alejandro,

On 08/03/2017 05:21 PM, Alejandro Adroher Mellado wrote:
> Now I'm planning the next steps on our DNS project, what I want to get is the
> ability to manage N remotely dnsdist servers from ansible. You know, add and
> remove rules, collect statistics .. basically the ability to interact with
> all those remote consoles.
> [...]
> The first basic thing, is this possible?
> There is any kind of documentation about this? I didn't find it. Not sure
> about if this must be made through API or through controlsocket.
>
> I know how to get JSON data about the current config using API, but nothing
> in how to modify a dnsdist instance remotelly.

Unfortunately the API is currently almost exclusively read-only, the
only thing that can be modified through it is the ACLs. I would really
like to be able to manage rules via the HTTP API, but I never found the
time to actually implement it.

You can manage them via the console over TCP, though.

--
Remi Gacogne