> On Mar 19, 2019, at 2:19 PM, Jonathan Reed <jreed...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Winfried provided some help to me a few months back by pointing out that the
> Protobuf example code is located in the pdns repo.
> https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/blob/master/contrib/ProtobufLogger.py
> <https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/blob/master/contrib/ProtobufLogger.py>

This is great!  Thanks for the pointer!

Now, what am I missing to get my queries to go there?  I have this in my
dnsdist.conf:

rl = newRemoteLogger("127.0.0.1:4242")
addAction(AllRule(), RemoteLogAction(rl))

And, I've started ProtobufLogger.py (as is) with:

$ python ProtobufLogger.py 127.0.0.1 4242

(Obviously, these are running on the same machine.)

But I get no connections on the socket.

Incidentally, I just came across this:

addAction(AllRule(), LogAction("dnsdist.log", false, true, false))

Which I tried instead, just to see if it could also work for my purposes.
Unfortunately, I didn't see any entries in there either.  Any ideas as to what
I'm doing wrong?  Presumably, I'm missing something in my dnsdist.conf.

Casey