Hi Leo,

By quickly glancing at the code, I don’t think there’s a way to set the source
ip right now. However, you can probably solve this using the ip routing (and/or
firewalling) table(s) on the node itself: set the source ip for all connections
to that particular destination ip.

Regards,

Frank Louwers
Certified PowerDNS Consultant @ Kiwazo.be

> On 13 Aug 2019, at 17:40, Leo Vandewoestijne <dnsdist@dns.company> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> I'm running dnsdist inside a virtualized host, which has anycasted IP's and
> out-of-band IP's.
> Using nc I can reach my carbon server BUT have to define the source IP.
>
> Now I wish to have dnsdist sent data to metronome.
> So I assumed using "setLocal" would define the main IP, and so set the
> out-of-band IP.
> Whatever I do; put it before or after addLocal, or use addLocal (first and
> last), dnsdist can't reach the carbon server.
>
> What information am I missing to get more success?
>

> --
>
> Met vriendelijke groet,
> With kind regards,
>

> Leo Vandewoestijne