Hi all,

As an update to this, I have not been able to figure out or fix the issue as of yet, so I have had to continue using Stretch for now which seems to be working fine.

The problem appears to be kernel related, if I use the kernel from Stretch backports the problem occurs. I guess that's not much of a surprise since the Stretch backports kernel is the same release as Buster.

I have left one of my servers on Buster in a broken state for testing sometime in future if I get time. If I do find out a fix I'll post a follow up.

Thanks