Hello,

On 10/5/19 10:40 PM, Christoph wrote:
> we observed an increase in 'Drops' as shown in the output of
> showServers() on a dnsdist DoH server.
> The drops count always used to be at 0 until a few weeks ago.
> We use your master repo packages and update about weekly.
> The amount of queries received and the backend resolvers did not change.
>
> The amount of Drops  matches the amount of 502 as shown in the output of
> showDOHResponseCodes().
>
> Has the way how drops are counted changed recently?

No, I don't think we changed anything in that area recently. The drops
counter is the number of queries sent to a backend and for which we did
not get a response fast enough (or at all).
You should be able to use the inspection features of dnsdist to figure
out what is causing these drops, like grepq("3000ms") or topSlow().

Best regards,
--
Remi Gacogne