A. Weber | root eSolutions wrote:
Hello,
Just one short question: Is it possible to translate a NXDOMAIN reply from the upstream server into another fixed IP rather than forwarding the NXDOMAIN as an answer to the requesting client?

Not currently possible.

Or otherwise asked: Is there a possibility to use the --address=/<IP>/<The other IP> directive in a manner that it only converts NXDOMAIN replies? I tried with --address=/#/<The other IP> but as expected from the manpage this simply translates everything, but I only want to translate non existing domains to another fixed IP.

Would you want "NODATA" replies translated too? What about CNAMEs which point to non-existent or empty domains?

Adding such a facility would not be too hard, nut defining exactly how it should behave might be.....

Cheers,

Simon.