Hello List,

I am running dnsmasq-2.22 under OpenWRT.  I have configured address
reservation using /etc/ethers.  What I have noticed is the configured
server is handed two IP addresses.  In this case the client is SuSE
9.3's dhcpcd.  The result on that system is two IP addresses configured
as aliases on the interface.  This was a bit surprising.  I was happy
that the reserved IP was applied, however the second IP is undesirable.
I was not able to find any mention of this behavior in the list archives
or on the manpage so I can only assume this is a bug.  I have been able
to reproduce this condition a number of times now.  Incidentally the
hostname resolution returns the non-reserved address.

Example: A host "yeager" was assigned to 192.168.53.2.  When running
dhcpcd it was configured with both 192.168.53.2 and 192.168.53.238.
Requesting the IP address for yeager.lan from dnsmasq returns
192.168.53.238.

Thanks for any suggestions.
/BAK/
--