Hi,
Following my "bug report", I wanted to Clarify and submit a patch:
I'm sorry if someone got the wrong impression, I wasn't implying that
the client
Doesn't EVER get an address from dnsmasq... The problem is that the
retries are
Causing a Windows XP SP2 client to wait for 30-40 seconds before doing a
DHCPDISCOVER
Instead of doing it immediately had it received a DHCPNAK.

The attached patch fixes this bug assuming the -K / dhcp_authorative
flags were passed to the daemon.
Feel free to apply it to dnsmasq-2.22.

I'm Simon will have a more correct way of doing this, but this works for
me now and I was a little stressed in time :(

Dan Shechter <dans *at* gonetworks.com>