Hello,

I recently changed internet providers and so changed from a pppoe connection (using pppd) to a dhcp connection (using dhcp-client). In the original setup I was using dnsmasq to act as a dhcp server and dns server to a home network. There were no problems with the setup.

I changed providers and so switched from using pppd to dhcp-client. Dnsmasq was no longer able to provide dns lookup for client computers. I replaced dhcp-client with dhcpcd and installed resolvconf but it's still not working.

From what I understand, in the original configuration, dnsmasq should read from /etc/ppp/resolv.conf to provide dns server information. When I switched to dhcp, that file was no good anymore, but once I install resolvconf, I expect that dnsmasq should read from /etc/resolv.conf, but it seems that is not happening.

I'm running debian sarge. Can someone give me some tips to debug this problem?

Thanks.

--
Good day, eh.
Chris