Can dnsmasq serve up locally defined CNAME records?

As an example, for a query of "ntp", I'd like to have dnsmasq return a CNAME record that
points to an external NTP server by *name*--rather than defining "ntp" to return an A
record by hard coding it with an IP address in /etc/hosts or an 'address' config line. This would
be especially useful if the CNAME refers to a pool of addresses (such as pool.ntp.org).

I've dug through the dnsmasq documentation and source and I can't find this.
Which actually surprises me because dnsmasq already supports almost every other
DNS record type and feature one can imagine!

Cheers,

Merlin