On Wednesday 17 May 2006 23:22, Peter Surda wrote:
> under certain circumstances, which I can't describe precisely yet (faulty
> client, packet loss, ...), it may happen that a dhcp client isn't satisfied
> with the IP dnsmasq offers
[cut]

> From what I found out, this isn't a bug in dnsmasq, or more precisely,
> dnsmasq doesn't initiate this behaviour.
Well, earlier today, something like this happend on my machine, which is
running linux, has ony one network interface and no firewall. For some time
it had a different IP, but then automatically fell back to the correct IP. I
wasn't dumping so I don't know what exactly happened.

I'll really make some serious dumps and post the analysis, ok?

Yours sincerely,
Peter

--
http://www.shurdix.org - Linux distribution for routers and firewalls