gypsy wrote:

If Simon is offended, then so be it, but I mean no offense.  I just fail
to see how a save to/restore from disk could bloat the code;
save/restore IS a basic feature.  TTL will expire out any crap
naturally.
--
gypsy

I'm not at all offended. In my role as dnsmasq-benevolent-dictator I get to have opinions about what's good to do in dnsmasq and what's not. I also get to hear arguments about what's good to do in dnsmasq and what's not, and sometimes I even change my mind (I did about the DHCP lease-change script, for instance, and forcing an address change when an already-configured host gets a static DHCP address).

I guess if a I make too many bad calls, there's nothing to stop a fork: that's the Free Software way.

I just happen not to have changed my mind about this. I'm still happy to hear arguments about it.

Cheers,

Simon.