Edson wrote:

> [...]
clue                                        ^^^

This says that the source of the reply is dnsmasq configuration, not a
reply from an upstream server.

You can see, the querie is present on the INTERNAL, but not on the
> EXTERNAL.

That's expected, given the log.

> For simplicity I reduce the DNSmasq configuration to:
>
> filterwin2k

and here's the culprit: from dnsmasq(8), "--filterwin2k .... The
requests  blocked  are  for records of types SOA and SRV"

Remove that, and it will all work. Apologies, I should have included
--filterwin2k in my list of options which could intercept queries.

Cheers,

Simon.