WOOOOOOOOOOO

works great, thanks heaps

what a weird error, i'll have to email the openbsd maintainer and see if they
can
update the version on the package list

using gmake to build, is that openbsd specific?
because the setup docs specify regular make

thanks again

On Wed May 9 7:16 , Simon Kelley sent:

rh...@iinet.net.au wrote:
> thanks for the quick response (sorry for the html)
>
> i tried installing 2.39 from source as there is not a openbsd pkg for it
>
> and get
> ####
> [/home/user/dnsmasq-2.39]
> ->sudo make install
> make I18N=-DNO_GETTEXT -f ../bld/Makefile -C src dnsmasq
> make: unknown option -- C
> usage: make [-BeiknPqrSst] [-D variable] [-d flags] [-f makefile]
> [-I directory] [-j max_jobs] [-m directory] [-V variable]
> [NAME=value] [target ...]
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /home/user/dnsmasq-2.39 (line 15 of Makefile).
> ####
>
> is it a problem to install using sudo?
>
> do i need to be a in a different directory?

You need gmake

install gmake using pkg_add and then run

gmake

instead of

make

Cheers,