Hi Rob,

local=/_kerberos-master._udp.example.com/

works like a charm. Really appreciate all the help.

Thanks and Regards,
Rahul.

/dev/rob0 wrote:
On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 03:29:27PM +0530, Rahul Amaram wrote:
Thanks a lot for your response. Please find my responses inline. Btw, your last suggestion has helped me achieve the desired result

That's good, glad to hear it.

though I still feel it would be great to have dnsmasq return NXDOMAIN only for a particular domain and forward the remainig domain queries to upstream servers. For example, dnsmasq should be configurable such that query for _kerberos-master._udp.example.com is returned as NXDOMAIN where as queries for _kerberos._udp.example.com and _kpasswd._udp.example.com are forwarded to upstream server.

Something like
    address=/_kerberos-master._udp.example.com/nxdomain

Actually I think this would work, but I'm not able to try it now:
    local=/_kerberos-master._udp.example.com/
With no listings in /etc/hosts that should return NXDOMAIN, not consulting upstream servers.