clemens fischer wrote on 2010-05-25:

I let dnsmasq forward dns queries to bind-9, which worked fine
yesterday.  Today I get log lines like:

    dnsmasq: failed to create listening socket: Address already in use

and

    dnsmasq: failed to bind server socket for : Address family not
    supported by protocol

No idea about the former.

The latter looks like a mismatch between the PF_ used for the socket() call and the AF_ used for bind().

I'd very much like dnsmasq to say what port/adress family makes trouble.

Assuming Linux or one of the supported BSDs, try:

strace -e trace=network dnsmasq -d [other dnsmasq options]

Other systems might provide truss or ktrace/kdump.

--
Matthias Andree