On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Tyler Reese <tyler.re...@taqua.com> wrote:

>  I'm trying to use this option to force the broadcast bootp flag to be set
> on bootp replies.  The only way I am able to make it work is to run 'dnsmasq
> --dhcp-broadcast' from the command line.  I want the dhcp-broadcast option
> to be used unconditionally.
>
> I haven't found the correct way to add dhcp-broadcast to dnsmasq.conf in
> order to achieve the same thing.
>
> In dnsmasq.conf, I have tried:
> dhcp-broadcast
> dhcp-broadcast=bootp
>
> After making the change, I restart dnsmasq.  Neither one is making the
> broadcast bit get set, but again, it does work when I run dnsmasq from the
> command line.  What am I missing?  This is on dnsmasq-2.55.

I'm going to throw out a WAG that you're not editing the right dnsmasq.conf
file.

Does forcing dnsmasq to read a particular config file using the -C command
line option make any difference?

>From the man page
*-C, --conf-file=<file>*Specify a different configuration file. The
conf-file option is also allowed in configuration files, to include multiple
configuration files.*-7, --conf-dir=<directory>[,<file-extension>......]*Read
all the files in the given directory as configuration files. If extension(s)
are given, any files which end in those extensions are skipped. Any files
whose names end in ~ or start with . or start and end with # are always
skipped. This flag may be given on the command line or in a configuration
file.