OK, this is similar to my previous questions/issues involving dnsmasq forwarding queries for unknown names for the "name domain" that it is managing (even if that domain name is null).

Now the second part. Whether an instance of dnsmasq is providing a dhcp service or not, is there a way to specify what IP addresses (e.g., 192.168.1.0/24) is should answer and, if dnsmasq does not find that queried ip address in the specified range, then the query should NOT be forwarded?

In looking at documentation (but not the code) and not doing any testing yet, I wonder if the following would accomplish what I need:
      domain=virt,192.168.100.0/24

If that would do the trick, then is there a way to specify that IP address range when the domain name is null (local=//)?

Gene