tis 2013-02-12 klockan 20:36 -0800 skrev Sheng Yang:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Brian Haley <brian.ha...@hp.com> wrote:
> > On 02/12/2013 05:43 PM, Sheng Yang wrote:
> >> I am also a little dubious here, but if people want to get some
> >> smaller subnet, do they able to get it anyway on IPv6?
> >
> > You typically use a /64 on a link, but you can use longer.  The problem is
> > that
> > address auto-configuration will only work if the prefix length is 64 since
> > that
> > plus the IID length of 64 == 128.  In your case, 96 + 64 is simply too
> > large.
> >
> > A Linux system receiving a !64 prefix length will log this error in
> > /var/log/kern.log:
> >
> >         IPv6 addrconf: prefix with wrong length 96
Sheng!

What Linux distro/version are you using???
Just curious!

I have found some problems myself with /96 allocations.
In "ifconfig" of Ubuntu 12.04, the assigned address is "displayed" as
a /64 address. The "ip -6 routes list" shows a route with /96 prefix.
In addition an extra route with the prefix scaled down to /64 is
inserted by the ifup???.

I have solved this by a script, that removes the /64 route, which is
executed as an "up"-script from the /etc/network/interfaces stanza and
it seems to work!

The IPv6 implementation still has some bugs to kill, I think!
I really hurts to admit, but Win 7 handles the DHCPv6 allocations
with /96 prefix, without any problem.

> > That would confirm my assumption.
>
> The auto generated link local would be always /64, but seems irrelevant here.
>
> We didn't use autoconf here, because we need to know the IP we
> assigned from dhcp server. So lost autoconf ability seems fine to me.
>
> I just don't know if it's legal even when we use stateful dhcpv6 to assign
> IPs.
>
> --Sheng
>

> > -Brian

Regards