On 08/09/13 15:08, aloys...@eclipso.eu wrote:
From: Simon Kelley <si...@thekelleys.org.uk>

Best of luck. The DHCPv6 protocol allows this, in theory, but how it
should work in practice is not really settled, in my experience. Do you

have a DHCPv6 client that will do the work? All the clients I've tested

seem to only request or expect a single address.

dnsmasq-2.66 includes a serious rewrite of the DHCPv6 code which allows

it to offer multiple addresses. You should use that, or preferably the
2.67test releases, to have any chance of success.

Certainly don't expect it to "just work", but do report back on
the
results of your efforts: we may be able to help further, and improve
dnsmasq in the process.

Using 2.67 I tried using an ULA range (with and without static leases) and a
global range.
Windows 7 worked perfectly, taking both addresses assigned via dhcpv6.

Well, this post and Roy's about dhcpcd shows that I was maybe too pessimistic about the state of client support.

I'm pleased that many clients and the current dnsmasq code seem to get this right.

Linuxmint 15 (networkmanager 0.9.8) worked well only if the first address is
served via dhcpv6
and the second one via slaac; if both ranges are dhcpv6 it does something
weird: it assigns the
ULA address to the interface, flushes it and then adds the other one.

It may be worth talking to the networkmanager devs about that. My impression is that to make it work under those circumstances will require smarts in both the DHCPv6 client and networkmanager.

Haven't tested this with Symbian as I wished, but I doubt it's of interest to
anyone.

Interop testing is always good, I'm interested to the extent that it can be demonstrated that dnsmasq is contributing to any breakage with this combination.

Cheers,

Simon.