On 25/11/13 11:57, Roy Marples wrote:
On 23/11/2013 14:06, dnsmasq.bertra...@dfgh.net wrote:
Hello,

Alwas some problems with my /97 prefix ...

on the client side dhclient say the prefix is /64
the router advertissement is ok with ridsc6 i see that i have /97 prefix
in dhcp no option for prefixlen seems possible

Is a trick exists ?

DHCPv6 has no prefix or routing notation.

As such any address not derived from a Prefix Delegation has to use /128
for a prefix.
dhcpcd does this and NetworkManager just dis-regards any dhclient
returning information, also forcing a /128 prefix for the address.

If you require your hosts to be on the same IPv6 subnet then you'll need
to advertise the /64 (or whatever) prefix in the RA and turn off the
ND_OPT_PI_FLAG_AUTO option. In rtadvd.conf(5) you can set
pinfoflags="l", or rtadv I think the config option is AdvAutonomous off.
I don't know the dnsmasq config option for this :/

ND_OPT_PI_FLAG_AUTO is SET if slaac, ra-names, or ra-stateless is specified, and CLEARED otherwise.

The intention is that on a a pure-DHCPv6 system, setting the dnsmasq configuration option enable-ra will send the RA packets required to make DHCPv6 work, (ie, the relevant prefixes are advertised, with the corrent prefix lengths and the ND_OPT_PI_FLAG_AUTO bit cleared.) If RA is being done elsewhere, enable-ra should be left unset.

Thanks

Roy