On 06/12/13 19:20, Roy Marples wrote:
Hi List

I've been adding RFC3925 Vendor-Identifying Vendor Options to dhcpcd(8)
and testing against dnsmasq-2.67

I added this to dnsmasq.conf:
dhcp-option=vi-encap:12345, 1, "It is pitch black. You are likely to be
eaten by a grue."
dhcp-option=vi-encap:12345, 2, 100

I added this to dhcpcd.conf (only works from my GIT head if anyone plays
with it)
vendopt 12345 encap frobozzco
encap 1 string maze_location
encap 2 byte grue_probability

Firstly, dnsmasq says my 2nd config line is incorrect. How can I add a
2nd option?

It fails at startup? I can't reproduce that. What's the exact message?

Secondly, this works via DHCPv4, but doesn't work for DHCPv6. How can I
debug this? Wireshark shows a correct trace with the same enterprise
number as the DHCPv4 trace.
By work dhcpcd sets:
new_frobozzco_maze_location='It is pitch black. You are likely to be
eaten by a grue.'

The relevant code for DHCPv6 has likely never been used in anger, so it's not inconceivable that it's buggy.

Are you simply missing the OPTION_VENDOR_OPTS option in the reply?
Looking at the code, if there's an OPTION_ORO, then OPTION_VENDOR_OPTS must appear in it, unless you use dhcp-option-force.

Cheers,

Simon.

Thanks

Roy