On 16/12/13 21:26, Nehal J Wani wrote:
Is the environment variable DNSMASQ_INTERFACE set when "del" action is
called? If not, why?

It _may_ be, if the interface associated with the lease is known. That information is not stored in the lease file, so restarting dnsmasq will lose the knowledge of the interface and DNSMASQ_INTERFACE will not be set, unless there's an intervening event that provides the information.

So

<restart dnsmasq>
<renew DHCP lease>
<DHCP lease expires>
<del event sent>

will set DNSMASQ_INTERFACE

but

<stop dnsmasq>
<wait whilst lease expires>
<start dnsmasq>
<dnsmasq notices that lease has expired and sends del event>

won't.

This is also true of many of the other data supplied, eg DNSMASQ_VENDOR_CLASS, DNSMASQ_SUPPLIED_HOSTNAME, DNSMASQ_CIRCUIT_ID