On 19/12/13 13:59, Jian Lee wrote:
Thanks for your reply!
you are right,the vm do not send dhcpv6 request.I use Fedora16 to create
vms,and  the config  in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
is below:

DEVICE=eth0

BOOTPROTO=dhcp

ONBOOT=yes

and at this time I can catch dhcp packet using tcpdump,

IP 0.0.0.0.68>  255.255.255.255.67: BOOTP/DHCP, Request from fa:16:3e:2c:9f:e8,
length 300

but when I changed theBOOTPROTO=dhcpv6,I can't catch any dhcp or dhcpv6
packet,I also try  BOOTPROTO=dhcp6,which didn't work

  ethier.when a vm start,it send a router solicitation packet, then the dnsmasq
reply a router advertisement, after that the vm get it's ipv6

address from the ra packet.but why the vm do not send dhcpv6 request? Should I
config other files in fedora?

I have no knowledge of Fedora network configuration at all. Anyone else on the list happen to know about this?